martes, 22 de noviembre de 2011

Dreams (Translation of Sueños)

DREAMS

Have you ever had a dream that you know will be difficult to achieve, but which suddenly and in a manner that you least expected, came true?  Such a dream could be something like seeing snow, going ice-skating, visiting a desert, or buying one of those chocolates you’d love to try.  If you ask me, every achievement depends on the effort we put in and how willing we are to work at it, but above all it depends on knowing how to take advantage of those opportunities that only come along once in a lifetime.

A friend once said to me, “life without goals, objectives, and dreams, would be no kind of life.” And he was right, because our dreams are what fill our lives with happiness and hope, and motivate us to carry on.  We could compare it to a child who is shopping with his mum.  The child sees a toy and cries and says to his mum that he wants it.  His mum thinks the toy is ugly and that he has more and better toys at home. But from the child’s point of view, in that moment, this toy means everything to him, he doesn’t even remember the toys he has at home, and he feels that if his mummy doesn’t buy it for him, his life will have no meaning.  That’s why he tries so hard to convince his mum to buy it for him.  We’re all like that child, except that we know that in life there is always more we can achieve and that our dream will make us happy and to achieve it we go on at life, at opportunities, but above all, we try to convince ourselves. Of course, there will be times when things don’t turn out as we had planned, but the important thing is knowing that we tried.

In my life some dreams have come true that I would never have imagined.  Last year I attended a school for two weeks where I learned how to improve my conduct, to improve my mind, but above all how to improve spiritually, which is what I consider most important.  Right now I’m about to achieve another goal, that of finishing university.  These experiences have taught me so much, that I wouldn’t change them for anything.  Finally, this year a big, adventurous dream will come true, one like the dreams I mentioned at the beginning.  The dream of seeing the ocean and appreciating just how immense it is; of seeing snow and walking on it; or of buying one of those chocolates that I’ve only seen on TV.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario